As the temperature starts to warm up in Chicago, many of us are thinking about the long, warm days ahead. It won’t be long before summer arrives. Soon, we’ll all be looking for ways to escape the intense sun and heat. Installing sun blocking window film for your Chicago property can help you stay cool, save on energy costs, and protect your space from UV rays. Below, we’ve discussed the different types of sun blocking film available today.
Benefits of Sun Blocking Window Film in Chicago
Summers in Chicago are long and humid. On some days in July, the humidity can be as high as 82 percent, with temperatures reaching into the high 80’s or 90’s. When the weather gets bad, it can be hard to stay comfortable and keep your building cool. Sun blocking window film offers Chicago property owners a solution to the summer heat and an array of benefits including:
- Savings on air conditioning expenses for your home or office
- Protects HVAC equipment by preventing overuse
- Blocks UV rays that cause furniture and floors to lose their color
- Reduces glare from the summer sun throughout your interior
- Prevents skin disease caused by ultraviolet radiation
Types of Sun Blocking Film for Your Home or Business
There are many different types of solar control window films that you can choose from depending on your needs. Some popular options include:
- UV blocking: blocks UV rays that cause fading, glare, and skin/eye disease
- Spectrally selective: reduces heat without blocking natural light
- Low-e: balances temperatures year round for optimal comfort
- Nanoceramic: uses microsized ceramic pieces to reflect heat
- Reflective: mirror-like finish provides privacy while also reducing heat gain
Find the Right Option for Your Home or Building
Not sure which option is right for you? Call today to schedule a consultation! We’ll be happy to show you the different options for sun blocking window film for your Chicago property!
About The Author: Mike Kinsey
Mike Kinsey uses his knowledge of window film products and industry innovations to help customers find simple, versatile solutions for meeting their architectural goals. As the Operations Manager for Custom Tint Solutions, he is the head of sales, customer relations, and product education and also personally oversees all window film installs from start to finish. His fifteen years of experience combined with his background in construction and project management sets him apart as an expert in his field. Mike's qualifications are extensive and are backed by certifications from 3M, EnerLogic, and AIA for continuing education.
More posts by Mike Kinsey