Winter weather is on its way. Already at our San Antonio office, we’re seeing temperatures in the 40 degree range. It won’t be long before the cold weather hits full force, sending us all into our homes in search of warmth. The problem is, if your windows aren’t performing up to speed, you may have a hard time staying comfortable, even indoors. That’s why now is the perfect time to install window film for your San Antonio home! Below, we’ve shared some of our recommendations for the top window films for winter weather.
Window Film Isn’t Just for Summer!
Contrary to popular belief, window films aren’t just for summer. Sure, they’re a great way to keep your home cool and can help a lot with reducing your summer energy expenses. But there are also many benefits to be gained during the wintertime too!
For example, low-e window films are a great way to keep your home warm and well-insulated. Heat naturally gravitates toward colder areas. But this special technology helps keep heat in place, preventing it from leaving the room. It reflects heat back inward instead of allowing it to escape out the window.
In addition to keeping your home warm during the winter, window film can also:
- Reduce glare on TV screens and computers
- Protect your interior from vicious UV rays
- Keep your skin and eyes healthy and reduce your risk of cancer
- Create privacy and help you control who can see into your home
The Best Window Films for Winter
There are a lot of great options out there in San Antonio, but not all window films are suited for winter. To get the most out of your investment, you’ll want to look for a low-e or four season window film. Here are some options we recommend:
- 3M Thinsulate – a great low reflective film with year round benefits
- Vista Low-E Film – a stylish option for controlling temperatures and create a sophisticated ambiance
- Solar Gard Ecolux – a dual climate film with advanced low-e technology
Get Your Home Ready for Winter
Call our office today to schedule an appointment in San Antonio to have window film installed for winter!