It’s summer in San Antonio and it is a hot one. Add to this the fact that we are all spending a lot more time inside because of the pandemic and the stress adds up fast. But there are things you can do during these extra hot and trying times to keep yourself sane by keeping the inside of your home cooler.
Steps to Keep Your San Antonio Home Cooler and More Comfortable
- Have Window Film Installed: Window film is cost-effective and can be installed in just one day. The difference in the temperature of your house and your energy bills will amaze you. Plus, you will stay cool all summer long and warmer in the winter too!
- Don’t Use Your Oven: There is nothing worse than the heat of a 400-degree oven in the middle of a heatwave. This is why grilling every night is a good solution to keeping your San Antonio home cooler. Plus, being outside and getting some much-needed vitamin D from the sunshine is a great way to battle pandemic blues.
- Do Chores After Sunset: Whether it is laundry, which heats up the house, or cleaning that gets you sweating–chores are a sure-fire way to make a warm home unbearable. Wait until after the sun sets to start on that to-do list and you will be happier for it.
- Keep Your Thermostat At 78-degrees: It sounds like a high place to set your central air but that is the government recommendation to get the most bang for your buck during hot summers. You can offset this slightly warmer temperature by using fans and evaporative cooling to get you San Antonio home nice and cool.
- Change Your A/C filter: Cooling systems are in the business of sucking and blowing air. This means that all the dust and dirt floating around, inside and out, get trapped in their filters. The best way to have a home cooling system that is working efficiently is by doing the proper maintenance and timely filter changes too.